Wed, May 31|
2023 Baby Steps | Mums & Bubs Program
A non judgmental Mums & Bubs program to help mothers bond with their babies, connect with likeminded mothers, learn how to “mum” with more confidence and enjoy their time together.
Time & Location
May 31, 9:30 AM – Jul 05, 10:30 AM
Fulham, 19 Fitch Rd, Fulham SA 5024, Australia
About the event
Baby Steps is a non judgmental Mums & Bubs program to help mothers bond with their babies, connect with likeminded mothers, learn how to “mum” with more confidence and enjoy their time together.
Every week during the program, you will be able to relax, catch up with the group and casually chat with our guest speaker (motherhood expert) who is there to answer your questions and help you navigate through the ups and downs of motherhood and support your baby’s development.
Examples of guest speakers are listed below:
- Paediatric Nurse to answer general baby health questions
- Mental Health Nurse to talk about the health and wellbeing of mothers in this vulnerable postpartum phase
- Baby Sensory Coordinator to create a fun and learning experience for mothers, looking at exploration and wonder for their babies, helping them bond with their babies more
- Postnatal Physiotherapist to provide your with tips on how to recover post birth
- Baby Sleep Expert to ensure baby sleeps well
- Lactation Consultant to help with breastfeeding
- Food & Allergy specialist to help you introduce food safely
We are also looking to run a Baby First Aid Course for all caregivers to attend.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Bonding is key as it helps baby grow mentally and physically.
More specifically, it helps release hormones and chemicals in the brain that encourage rapid brain growth.
Bonding also promotes the development of connections between brain cells that are critical for learning; the growth of the baby's body; and the positive development of the baby's sense of who they are and how they deal with feeling upset. This lays the foundation for the child’s development and wellbeing throughout childhood.
We also know that one of the biggest benefits of mothers groups is meeting other new mothers and building new friendships whilst learning tools to better cope with the challenges of motherhood. Getting out with baby to socialise can be a lifesaver as social isolation can be a risk factor for postnatal depression and anxiety.
By offering Baby Steps in Adelaide, we aim to respond to the needs of South Australian mothers who don't have access to organised Public Mothers' Group and are left feeling lonely and socially isolated.